Pastor Ron Arnett and his wife Linda
We are an active group of believers working together to serve our Lord. It is our goal to share the message of salvation through Jesus Christ and to see lives transformed by His forgiveness and love.
Throughout the year we offer many opportunities to worship, praise and serve.
We believe that the Bible teaches us to become a community of believers, endeavoring together to share the Good News that Jesus Christ is King. We offer Weekly Praise & Worship Services, weekly messages from God's Word, Sunday School, Wed. night Bible Study, monthly fellowship meals, mid-week supper on Wednesdays, Christmas plays, Sunrise Service, weekly communion, an Easter Egg hunt, a Fall Bonfire and Hayride, a free community picnic during Carter County Thunder, Bible Bowl, FaithWeavers, Youth Group, Ladies' Circle, free community Thanksgiving Dinner, Relay for Life Team, Trunk or Treat, Cookie Ministry, drive through Live Nativity.
God has richly blessed us with opportunities to serve and great people who are willing to work together to share God's great and amazing love. We invite you to come be a part of what's going on at Gregoryville Christian Church. God loves you and so do we.
Our church has an interesting history dating back to the 1700’s.
John W. James was present at the church conference held in 1794 in "The Olde Lebanon Church", Currey County, Virginia, where all human names were rejected and the name Christian was accepted.
The Barretts Creek Christian Church was organized on September 3, 1803, by John W. James. He was a repesentative at the first session of the Kentucky Christian Conference, which met in 1804 in Madison County, Kentucky. John W. James was the grandfather of Robert Gee, who was elected clerk of this church in 1871 and in 1890 was elected secretary of the State Christian Conference, and served until his death.
The First Christian service of which we have any record was held at the double log house which stood where Mae Fraley's house (Brad & Karen Brammell current owners) now stands. The eldest Everman became ill, called for a minister and was converted. The custom then was to hold church services in the homes until school houses were built.
The Kentucky Christian Conference #2 reorganized the Barretts Creek Christian Church on September 12, 1913, with Rev. Wylie Prater Evangelist. Again in 1929, the church work was revived.
In 1931, a church was built behind Floyd Wilson's store. The Flood of 1939 washed this building away July 4th. In the rubble, the Bible was found on the pulpit untouched by the flood. Much of the building was salvaged and used to rebuild the next church on land from the A.J. Littleton Estate, deeded by Alex and Owen Fraley families. The present church dedication was held June 23, 1940 by the Rev. Joe E. Lynd.
Additions of two Sunday School rooms were made in 1951; two additional side rooms in 1971; and the Shelter House developed in 1990. Extensive remodeling to the church which amounted to over $40,000 included the addition of the baptistery, relocating the choir, and rearranging Sunday School rooms to make three where two had existed. Dedication was held July 18, 1982. The church steeple was added the following year.
Ministers who have assisted in the growth of the early church were Robert Gee, Sanders Everman, J.W. Strother, Harland Murphy, Arthur Jarvis, Richard Short and William Robinson.
The Kentucky Christian Conference appointed the following ministers who served our church many years: W.M. Clark, Arvil Stamper, Joe Lynd, Raymond Everman, Bill Gullett and Ron Arnett.
In 1995 the Kentucky Christian Conference disbanded with each of the remaining five Churches determining to maintain their Reformation roots and continuing to serve the Kingdom on Earth. Gregoryville was, at the time, the largest of the five with an average Sunday morning attendance of 80.
Blessed by God the congregation continued to grow until seating, parking and classroom space were tremendously strained. Food and Fellowship with the entire congregation was not possible as the Fellowship Hall was not nearly large enough. After much prayer, planning and preparation, land was purchased in Gregoryville, from the descendants of William Lewis, to make possible a change of location. Chuck and Nettie Lewis, owners of the “pumpkin patch” where the new building would be located, soon became members and went to work with their new Church family. The willingness of the Lewis family to help the Church relocate made things much easier, both physically and financially.
Construction on the new facility was begun and on October 23, 2005, the Congregation had the official dedication service. Over 200 were in attendance as God was praised for His continued blessing on His people. The Gregoryville Christian Church continues to be faithful in preaching and teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ and in reaching out in Christian love to those in need.